Sunday, June 14, 2015

5 coords with one item

Shopping is fun, but when you reach the pint that your closet seems full and you still feel like you never have anything to wear, it is time to try something new! So following the example of Lizzy, in order to spark my creativity I am going to try and find 5 different outfits for a D.I.A. top I have owned for a little while now, though I have never really worn it yet. I will leave out accessories as I do not really have that much that fit this top yet >.<


As I said, I somehow find this top really hard to combine with things I have in my closet, so bear with me. Not all combinations will be perfect xD

Combi 1: It's all gold that shines


I had to make my version of a typical DIA coord with this top so instead of leg warmers some knee-highs and of course my beloved moon belt o^^o


Combi 2:Not so little princess


Though this top is not very cute (nor the skirt for that matter) I wanted to make a very girly coord with it. Plus this is super comfy with the flats and soft skirt. I would wear this for a more casual day ^^


Combi 3: Biker chick

The skull with wings just screams biker to me, as in Hells Angels -.^ This coord is my take on a biker look without the scruffiness that usually comes along with it!


Combi 4: Little Black Dress

When wearing something elegant and simple, I always feel I need to add a subtle extra!


Combi 5: Spider, spider in your web

Something a bit more punk-like. I love spiders and their webs and the back of the top, which is netting, keeps reminding me of webbing.


I have to admit finding these combinations was quite hard on me. Not just because I had a long day before doing this, but also because somehow my closet does not some to lend itsself for a lot of different combinations... but overall I am really happy with this outcome ^^ I am even going to wear one to animecon! Which outfit do you like best? Do you have any suggestions for other ways of pairing this top?

Much Love!

10 comments:

  1. I totally get your feeling of how hard it is to combine outfits with one clothing piece haha, you did a great job however ~
    I especially love the last outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the last one too ^^ It's kind of strange this post only posted after animecon though as now I have already worn one of the outfits xD

      Delete
  2. I really love the top! I think my favourite is the second one, I love the pop of colour with the red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Ah cool, thanks! I was a bit unsure about that one actually -.^

      Delete
  3. Awh yay I'm so glad that my post inspired you! I'm really hoping to do more of them in future tehe~ I love these coords!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was definitely inspiring! And you should do more, it is so fun to do ^^ Thank you ~

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh I love how you took the top a more rokku style! I am so bad at making the most of my wardrobe seeing you and Lizzie doing this makes me want to~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^o^ Just do it!!! I am sure going to do it again~

      Delete
  5. I really like all of these coords! :) Hopefully you will wear this top more now that you've considered what to pair it with. I think my favourite is actually the little black dress one; the top itself is gorgeous but I thought it was really original to just show a hint of it to give the outfit an edge. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely! Yeah I like that too, but it is a little simpler than I am used to -.^

      Delete